Systems Administrator – Tier III
An ABS Tier 3 Technician is a leader with a proven track record of successfully collaborating in a team environment to find creative solutions. This person is comfortable acting as the escalation point for complex technical problems and is able to take ownership for finding or creating solutions to those problems at all costs. He or she enjoys tinkering with technology outside of work and is always learning new things. Being empathetic, this person understands that trust and integrity are the foundation of Advanced Business Solutions’ relationships. The ideal candidate is knowledgeable, authentic and personable.
The ideal Advanced Business Solutions Tier 3 Technician is a proactive self-starter with exceptional troubleshooting and analytical skills who possesses an ability to excel in fast-paced environments. He or she is not afraid to set and meet a high level of expectations. This person is approachable, confident and passionate. The right candidate has exceptional customer service skills and a positive “can-do” attitude. This structured, organized and detail oriented individual knows how to prioritize and motivate others. He or she must possess excellent logical problem-solving skills as well as the ability to follow through.
The responsibilities of a Systems Administrator Tier III include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Troubleshoot technical issues on Desktops, Servers, Networking Equipment, Storage Appliances, etc.
- Work with various vendors to provide support for hundreds of applications in many different types of environments.
- Act as an escalation point for advanced technical problems.
- Provide ownership of high level and/or high profile issues to ensure quality service is being provided.
- Act as a Senior Technical Resource for other Technicians.
- 5-7 years of relevant IT experience.
- 1-3 years of experience in a “Senior” technical role.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Desktop and Server Operating Systems including but not limited to Windows 7/8/10, Server 2008/2012/2016.
- Strong working knowledge of Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Office 365.
- Strong working knowledge of Networking Principles relative to Switches, Routers, Firewalls and Wireless Appliances.
- Strong working knowledge of VMware solutions for Server Virtualization.
- Above average written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field of study.
- Industry certifications such as MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, CCNP, VCA and VCP.
- Experience working for an IT Service Provider.
- Strong working knowledge of Storage Technologies such as NAS and SAN solutions.