Systems Administrator – Tier II
An ABS technician is a hands-on team player who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty. This person is collaborative, creative, and energetic in spirit. He or she is honest, kind, and courteous. Being empathetic, this person understands that trust and integrity is the foundation of Advanced Business Solutions’ relationship with its clients. The ideal candidate is knowledgeable, authentic and personable.
The ideal ABS IT Technician – Tier 2 is a proactive self-starter with exceptional troubleshooting and analytical skills who possesses an ability to excel in a fast-paced environment. He or she is not afraid to set and meet a high level of expectations. This person should be approachable, confident, and passionate. The right candidate has exceptional customer service skills, and a positive “can-do” attitude. This structured, organized, detail-oriented individual knows how to prioritize and motivate others. He or she must possess excellent logical problem-solving skills as well as the ability to follow through.
The daily responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Act as escalation point for tier 1 tickets.
- Provide a full-range of network, server, and workstation support for a diverse client base.
- Remotely troubleshooting client issues or being onsite at a client office, providing superior IT customer service.
- Professionally respond to telephone calls, emails, and web-based service requests.
- Provide friendly, courteous and quality support for clients.
- Follow a service ticket through to its completion.
- Meet or exceed key service metrics.
- Ability to communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end-users
- Strong knowledge of desktop operating systems and productivity software (MS Office, Visio, PowerPoint, Adobe).
- In-depth knowledge of Windows Server Operating Systems, Group Policies, Active Directory, Office 365, and Exchange.
- Advanced understanding of IP networking.
- Thorough knowledge of Switches, Routers, and Firewalls.
- Ability to work in a team environment and communicate effectively.
- Self-starter with a proven record of setting and accomplishing goals.
- 3 to 5 years of on the job experience providing technical support in an Information Technology capacity.
- Above average verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Relevant Industry certifications.
- Experience working as part of a team.