Systems Administrator – Tier I
The ideal ABS Systems Administrator is a proactive self-starter with exceptional troubleshooting and analytical skills who possesses an ability to excel in a fast-paced environment. He or she is not afraid to set and meet a high level of expectations. This person should be approachable, confident, and passionate. The right candidate has exceptional customer service skills, and a positive “can-do” attitude. This structured, organized, detail oriented individual knows how to prioritize and motivate others. He or she must possess excellent logical problem solving skills as well as the ability to follow through.
An ABS technician is a hands-on team player who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty. This person is collaborative, creative, and energetic in spirit. He or she is honest, kind, and courteous.Being empathetic, this person understands that trust and integrity is the foundation of Advanced Business Solutions’ relationship with its clients. The ideal candidate is knowledgeable, authentic and personable. He or she has a genuine enthusiasm for technology and a keen interest in helping people achieve more through the careful adoption and support of Information Technologies.
The daily responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Act as first line of support for all Service Requests.
- Provide basic IT support for Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems.
- Triage all incoming issues and open tickets accordingly in ConnectWise.
- Monitor the Remote Monitoring and Management system alerts and notifications, and respond accordingly by opening service tickets.
- Provide basic Network Administration. (New user creation, password resets, etc…)
- Provide support for issues involving malware and virus infections on workstations.
- Escalate tickets as necessary following the proper escalation procedures.
- Follow ABS Service Department Standards and Best Practices on a daily basis.
- Communicate with customers to provide updates on open tickets as needed. (Ticket progress, impending changes, maintenance windows, etc…)
- Ensure customer expectation is properly set and that all details are properly entered in the corresponding ConnectWise ticket.
- Meet ticket SLA’s.
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end-users.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to change quickly.
- Ability to work in a team environment and communicate effectively.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment.