An ABS Project Engineer is a seasoned IT leader with a proven track record of successful and creative solution design and implementation. The Project Engineer is a well-rounded IT professional who has experience throughout the OSI stack including infrastructure, network switching, routing and security to servers and applications. This person is a self-starter who is comfortable taking the lead of a project and seeing it through finish. This person also has the ability to track and manage multiple projects simultaneously. He or she enjoys using technology to solve a simple or complex business challenge. This person is constantly learning new skills and technology. Being empathetic, this person understands that trust and integrity are the foundation of Advanced Business Solutions’ relationships. The ideal candidate is knowledgeable, authentic and personable.
The ideal Advanced Business Solutions Project Engineer is a proactive self-starter with exceptional troubleshooting and analytical skills who possesses an ability to excel in fast-paced environments. He or she is not afraid to set and meet a high level of expectations. This person is approachable, confident and passionate. The right candidate has exceptional customer service skills and a positive “can-do” attitude. This structured, organized and detail oriented individual knows how to prioritize and motivate others. He or she must possess excellent logical problem solving skills as well as the ability to follow through.
The daily responsibilities of an ABS Desktop Engineer include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Design, quote and implement solutions to upgrade existing equipment, improve the business process or solve business challenges.
- Work with Sales and Technical Account Managers to find right sized solutions for clients.
- Manage, track and schedule multiple ongoing projects simultaneously.
- Provide ownership of project progress and potential fallout.
- Act as a Senior Technical Resource for other Technicians.
- 5-7 years of relevant IT experience.
- 1-3 years of experience in a design role
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Desktop and Server Operating Systems including but not limited to Windows 7/8/10, Server 2008/2012/2016.
- Strong working knowledge of Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Office 365.
- Strong working knowledge of Networking Principles relative to Switches, Routers, Firewalls and Wireless Appliances.
- Strong working knowledge of VMware solutions for Server Virtualization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field of study.
- Industry certifications such as MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, CCNP, VCA and VCP.
- Experience working for an IT Service Provider.