An ABS technician is a hands-on team player who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty. This person is collaborative, creative, and energetic in spirit. He or she is honest, kind, and courteous.
Being empathetic, this person understands that trust and integrity is the foundation of Advanced Business Solutions’ relationship with its clients. The ideal candidate is knowledgeable, authentic and personable.
The responsibilities of an ABS Installation Technician – Structured Cabling include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Install low voltage network/voice/coax cables in many different types of environments. Task would include running, terminating, and managing cabling using best practice methods and adhering to building codes.
- Install, maintain, test, troubleshoot, and repair switches, and other telecommunications equipment in the field to ensure optimum network usage and quality.
- Organize and manage existing IDF and MDF wiring locations.
- Read building drawings to determine locations for data/voice/coax cables and to plan for materials needed to complete task.
- Mount racks, TV’s, monitors, workstations, to walls of drywall, wood, or concrete.
- Remotely troubleshooting client issues or being onsite at a client office, providing superior IT customer service.
- Professionally respond to telephone calls, emails, and web-based service requests.
- Provide friendly, courteous and quality support for clients.
- Follow a service ticket through to its completion.
- Meet or exceed key service metrics.
Strong knowledge of desktop operating systems and productivity software (MS Office, Visio, PowerPoint, Adobe).
Basic understanding of IP networking.
Basic knowledge of Switches, Routers, and Firewalls.
Self-starter with a proven record of setting and accomplishing goals.
Able to lift objects exceeding 100lbs in weight
Use powered and hand tools proficiently
2 to 4 years of on the job experience installing and troubleshooting networking equipment and low voltage cabling.
Above average verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
Associates or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Relevant Industry certifications.
Experience working as part of a team.