An ABS technician is a hands-on team player who isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty. This person is collaborative, creative, and energetic in spirit. He or she is honest, kind, and courteous.Being empathetic, this person understands that trust and integrity is the foundation of Advanced Business Solutions’ relationship with its clients. The ideal candidate is knowledgeable, authentic and personable. He or she has a genuine enthusiasm for technology and a keen interest in helping people achieve more through the careful adoption and support of Information Technologies.
The responsibilities of an ABS Systems Administrator include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Act as first line of support for all Service Requests.
- Provide basic IT support for Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems.
- Triage all incoming issues and open tickets accordingly in ConnectWise.
- Monitor the Remote Monitoring and Management system alerts and notifications, and respond accordingly by opening service tickets.
- Provide basic Network Administration. (New user creation, password resets, etc…)
- Provide support for issues involving malware and virus infections on workstations.
- Escalate tickets as necessary following the proper escalation procedures.
- Follow ABS Service Department Standards and Best Practices on a daily basis.
- Communicate with customers to provide updates on open tickets as needed. (Ticket progress, impending changes, maintenance windows, etc…)
- Ensure customer expectation is properly set and that all details are properly entered in the corresponding ConnectWise ticket.
- Meet ticket SLA’s.
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end-users.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to change quickly.
- Ability to work in a team environment and communicate effectively.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment.
- 1 to 3 years of on the job experience providing technical support in an Information Technology capacity.
- Above average verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Relevant Industry certifications.
- Experience working as part of a team.
WHY DOES ADVANCED BUSINESS SOLUTIONS STAND OUT FROM THE REST?
ABS was founded in 1995 as a Customer Service company first and an IT Service company second. We have experienced fast growth and expansion which provides many opportunities for advancement and growth for our employees. We encourage ingenuity and creativity in all aspects of our company and believe that the key to our success has been and will continue to be our constant desire to improve the Customer Experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 /year
Required education: Associate’s Degree
Required experience: Information Technology: 2 years